Here to give everyone in Applecross and Perth amazing hair, one sustainable step at a time.
We believe that no one should ever have to sacrifice their health, or the Earth, for amazing hair. This is why every element of our salon and service is committed to sustainability with our following green initiatives:
Sustainable Salons Program
Mane Société is a proud partner of the Sustainable Salons program, a comprehensive resource recovery program designed for the salon environment to give back to the people and the planet.
As part of the Sustainable Salons program, we have access to revolutionary salon-specific recycling services, so paper, plastic and metals used in our salons are repurposed and kept in circulation. All proceeds from the sale of salon metals and paper for recycling are also donated to OzHarvest and KiwiHarvest to provide meals for hungry people.
Other recycling initiatives include:
- Hair collected from the salon floor are stuffed into stockings to make Hair Booms that can one day help clean up oil spills along our coastlines.
- Chemicals are collected, pooled and sent to chemical recycling plants where they’re neutralised and turned into recycled water.
- Select disposable hygiene products used during treatments are pulled apart and the materials are sent for repurposing.
But more than just recycling, the Sustainable Salon program is also the largest donor of ponytails in the Southern Hemisphere. Mane Société contributes to the cause by collecting ponytails, 20 cm and longer, and donate them to create medical wigs for children and adults with leukaemia and alopecia.
ECOHEAD shower heads
The Mane Société salon is fitted with innovative ECOHEAD shower heads. This allows us to use half the amount of water of conventional shower heads when we wash and rinse your hair.
Products with minimal carbon footprints
Our most recent product addition at Mane Société.
At KEVIN.MURPHY, they maintain their commitment to the environmental issues that affect us. Creating products with a conscience that does no harm to the environment by utilising packaging that is 100% recyclable or biodegradable.
We use Eleven Australia here at Mane Société. They are a Sydney-based hair and body care brand with a strong focus in reducing their environmental impact.
Their products are PETA-approved, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) certified. All of their tubs, bottles and cans are also 100% recyclable.
Another hair care staple that we use is Wella Professionals colour products, because of their Eco-Ethical philosophy:
- The tubes of Wella Professionals’ colour product lines, Color Touch, Koleston Perfect ME+ and Illumina Color, will now be recyclable and made of 100% recycled aluminium, which avoids using over 700 tonnes of virgin aluminium per year.
- The caps for these product lines will consist of 91-100% post-consumer resin, which avoids using over approximately 180 tonnes of plastic.
Using 85% recycled cardboard in the packaging, Wella Professionals avoids using over 950 tonnes of virgin cardboard per year.
- Their biggest colour brands, Koleston Perfect ME+1 and Illumina Color, sold worldwide are free of animal derived ingredients, and have been since KPME+ was introduced in 2018.
- The Wella manufacturing facility in Germany uses 100% renewable electricity supply (100% Green electricity) and 100% carbon-neutral gas consumption, while also producing zero waste to landfill.
Ready for a sustainable, luxury hair experience tailored just to you? Click here to book.